Thursday, June 16, 2022

SUMMER 2022 - WELCOME!

 Hello GPGC Students and Parents!

Welcome to the GPGC CHOIR BLOG!

I will use this blog to post recordings of our PERFORMANCE MATERIAL for our END OF SESSION CONCERT in July. Please use these links to aid you in the learning process. 
I may also post articles, links, videos, etc. that pertain to the subjects we broach in class. It is my hope that we can learn together. Of course, we will not perform ALL of this material. We will learn it and then build our performance from these selections.

2022 GPGC PERFORMANCE LITERATURE:

ELIJAH ROCK! arr. Emerson

IN TIME OF SILVER RAIN by Johnson

COMES THE RAIN WITH ME by Ginsberg

SHOSHONE LOVE SONG by Emerson

DORAJI arr. Snyder

SAKURA arr. Kesselman

2 SPANISH FOLK SONGS arr. Trinkley

SHUT DE DO arr. Fettke & Grassi

DOWN AMONG THE DEAD MEN arr. Crocker

WELLERMAN arr. Tanner

THE BLESSING arr. Purifoy

RATTLESNAKE SKIPPING SONG
by Holman

CLOSER TO THE FLAME by Lantz

ALL THINGS BRIGHT & BEAUTIFUL by Rutter

BRING US PEACE arr. Spevacek

GLORIA TIBI by Bernstein

WEST SIDE STORY Medley
arr. Thomas

TRADITIONAL DANCE SONG - TBD

STOPPING BY WOODS
IMPOSSIBLE DREAM

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
My name is Colette. I have been married to Marcus for 23 years. We have 3 sons, 2 of which have Asperger's Syndrome. I have a BMEd and an MMEd in Music Education, special training in Kodaly, with 22 years experience. I also sing professionally. As a conductor & music director, I serve our community as the director of the Lake Charles Messiah Chorus and as the Director of Music at our local church. In my "spare" time, I enjoy nature, gardening, reading and music. My husband and I also serve on many committees including the Boy Scouts of America Troop #107.