Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Welcome!

Hi Everyone-

This blog is meant to be a place to learn, discuss, observe, hypothesize, listen to, create.....MUSIC. It is set up as an extra resource for students of the GOVERNOR'S PROGRAM FOR GIFTED CHILDREN that are currently enrolled in CHOIR....but, all "Gifties," past and present, are welcome.
Here are some things to look for on our blog:

  • To the side will be posted our weekly POLL. Please take the opportunity to HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD.
  • Also to the side are 2 sets of links. The 1st link sidebar will lead you to sites where you can hear music that the choir is currently learning or will be learning before the end of the summer. The 2nd link sidebar will lead you to different topics dealing with music and other disciplines....musical "food for thought."
  • I hope to post a discussion question every so often. All are welcome to post their responses in appropriate terminology. Please understand that as this is meant to be an ongoing educational discussion, derogatory or offensive posts will not be allowed.
Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Colette. I have been married to Marcus for 23 years. We have 3 sons, 2 of which have Asperger's Syndrome. I have a BMEd and an MMEd in Music Education, special training in Kodaly, with 22 years experience. I also sing professionally. As a conductor & music director, I serve our community as the director of the Lake Charles Messiah Chorus and as the Director of Music at our local church. In my "spare" time, I enjoy nature, gardening, reading and music. My husband and I also serve on many committees including the Boy Scouts of America Troop #107.