Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Summer of 2016

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to another fun-filled summer with the Governor's Program for Gifted Children!

We started classes this past week and I am delighted to say that we have 62 students in choir!! WOOOWHOOO!!!!
The students have been sorted into their respective houses....ummmmm.....I mean voice sections....and have begun learning their warm-up and ear training exercises, as well as, some of their performance material! They already sound great!! We have some wonderfully talented students this summer!!!!

In light of the musical being produced this summer, the Theme of our Choir Concert will be:
A British Invasion
All of the music performed will have connections to England. This means anything from Tallis to Bowie.....from Morley to Queen!

To those of you that are currently participating in the choir this summer (or those of you who are interested in the performance literature), I will be adding rehearsal links to the right very soon...so check back often.

Have a great summer!!!
Colette Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Colette. I have been married to Marcus for 23 years. We have 3 sons, 2 of which have Asperger's Syndrome. I have a BMEd and an MMEd in Music Education, special training in Kodaly, with 22 years experience. I also sing professionally. As a conductor & music director, I serve our community as the director of the Lake Charles Messiah Chorus and as the Director of Music at our local church. In my "spare" time, I enjoy nature, gardening, reading and music. My husband and I also serve on many committees including the Boy Scouts of America Troop #107.